Friday, January 25, 2013

The Non Poet


i have been accused
wrongly and unfairly

some,
maybe one, maybe two
have labeled me a poet
out of kindness

i am no poet
have never aspired to be such
and will not serve if elected

i use not the words of a poet
because my heart is a bloody muscle
that i butcher every day
then leave for the flies

poetry is an art
where words are crafted
and woven to impress

i'll not play puppet master
to paint pretty the gore
bleeding from my soul
for such small gain

i write my thoughts, just as they fall
and if poetry they somehow
ridiculously and accidentally
appear to emulate
i hereby apologize
to all poets everywhere

so please, accuse no more
lest i believe the lies
and be cursed forever
only to be found
a sham, under scrutiny

i am not a poet
i am a butcher
and a poor one, at that

*****************

susan dey was in a movie, the title eludes me.
but she was on the steps talking with a boy about fucking.
the boy said, "don't you mean making love?"
she looked at him hard, then looked away before answering.
"you make love~i fuck"

and so it is my friends. You make love. I fuck
~rick